The ruins at Weoley Castle are over 700 years old and are the remains of the moated manor house that once stood here. The site has been inhabited from the 12th century and according to the Domesday Book, was part of the estate of William Fitz Ansculf. Weoley Castle changed hands several times between 1485 and 1531 when it began to fall into disrepair. In the centuries that followed, stone from the castle was removed to build a nearby farm and the Dudley no.2 canal.
Weoley Castle Ruins
Tel: 0121 348 8120
The ruins can be seen from the viewing platform on Saturdays and Sundays from 9.00am-5.00pm. There are also special events throughout the year when the ruins will be open. Please see the website for more details: www.birminghammuseums.org.uk/weoley