One of the finest neo-gothic church buildings in England, built to the design of Augustus Welby Pugin and opened in 1841. Much of the work is by Hardman & Co. The mother church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Birmingham, it contains some splendid 19th century stained glass made by Hardmans, a 16th century Flemish pulpit, and a late medieval statue of the Virgin Mary, as well as one of the largest new manual organs in the UK, built by Walkers & Co in 1993.
pictured: exterior view
St. Chad's Queensway,
Tel: 0121 236 2251
0121 230 6201 (Cathedral House Reception)
Contact Person(s):Andrew De Valliere
Direct Tel.: 0121 230 6205
PLEASE SEE CATHEDRAL WEBSITE FOR DETAILED INFORMATIONwww.stchadscathedral.org.uk